If you’re interested in getting started as a truck driver, Driving for America has training programs that prepare students to enter into a new career with the skills, knowledge, and professionalism required to be successful. When students train with DFA truck driving school they learn innovative techniques through a hands-on experiences, which allow for more time behind the wheel than any other training out there. Our programs enable students to gain additional knowledge and extensive driven miles prior to class graduation.
The DFA truck driver training programs are managed by both military veterans and logistics professionals with more than 30 years’ experience. We’ve created a culture and curriculum military veterans can relate to while providing the highest quality training in the industry. Our goal is your success.
Truck Driver Training Programs Offered:
- 160 Hour Class (A) Advanced Tractor Trailer Training Course
- An express, demanding training period of 30 days specifically formulated by the best, for the best is available at both DFA Saginaw and DFA Detroit
- Full-time and part-time training courses available
- Final Road Exams – Out-of-pocket fees are packaged with most programs offered
- Added benefit of 9 and 10 speed manual transmissions, and one-on-one training opportunities
- Accelerated Class A program for students with past commercial driving experience
- 40-80 hour refresher courses with complete behind-the-wheel instruction (drive time only)
- FedEx Approved chauffeur driver training courses (AVOC)
What’s Required to Get Started:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age to obtain your CDL, and at least 21 years of age to cross state lines, transport passengers or obtain a hazardous materials endorsement.
- Possess only one valid driver’s license without restrictions. Inquire for complete details.
- Pass the Department of Transportation physical and drug screen.
- Have a good driving record and no past criminal record. Inquire for complete details.
Driving for America is a licensed provider of truck driver training services through the Michigan Department of State, Driver Programs Division, and Driver Education Section of Lansing Michigan. Please note, some programs are dependent upon location. We currently have two training facilities, one in Saginaw, and one in Detroit, Michigan. If you would like more information, please call us at (855) 374 – 8350 or request training information.